This simple, yet impressive, cream tart pairs beautifully with fresh fruit for an easy dessert to whip up quickly on a weeknight or weekend party. The sweet crust has just two delicious ingredients while the filling has a heavenly custard texture that makes you want seconds, thirds, and fourths. Top it off with an assortment of your favorite seasonal berries and enjoy!Green Valley
12-15 non-dairy ginger or chocolate cookies, finely ground
4 Tbsp. Green Valley Lactose-Free Butter, melted
2 (8 oz.) tubs Green Valley Lactose-Free Cream Cheese
½ cup fine sugar, sifted
2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Fresh, seasonal berries, such as raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and strawberries.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and set the rack to the middle of the oven.
- Line the bottom of a 9-or 10-inch tart pan with parchment paper and cover inside rim with vegetable oil.
- Place ground cookies and melted butter in a medium bowl and mix with a fork until evenly moist.
- Transfer mix into prepared tart pan. Evenly spread and carefully push up the sides with a measuring cup to achieve an even layer.
- Bake crust for 7-8 minutes until fragrant and slightly brown. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Using a hand mixer on the lowest speed, mix cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until blended. Add eggs, lemon juice and vanilla until well combined.
- Carefully pour cream cheese mix into baked crust and transfer pan back into oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes until set, but not brown. Remove from oven, cool completely and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Garnish with fresh seasonal berries. Serve cold.