Looking to spice up your breakfast life these days while keeping it healthy? Look no further. Chai Spice overnight oats add a spiced flair to your breakfast along with a healthy dose of fiber and protein, so you won't be running back to the fridge for that second breakfast. After the kefir and oats do their thing overnight, we like to customize ours with a combo of crunchy and sweet toppings depending on our daily cravings- which means the possibilities are endless!Green Valley Creamery
- 2 cups Green Valley Creamery Lactose-Free Plain Kefir
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves (see note)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds or ground flaxmeal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Optional Toppings: We like blueberries, pears and pistachios!
1. In a large mixing bowl whisk together oats, chia seeds and spices.
2. Add the Kefir and honey. Mix well until combined.
3. Divide mixture between 2 airtight containers or mason jars. Store in the fridge overnight.
4. In the morning, remove from fridge, add optional toppings of your choice and enjoy!