This classic fro yo flavor is super easy to make without any gadgets. It's full of cookies yet super creamy, as long as you stir as directed! Next batch, sub (or just add !) any of your favorite toppings. We've tried chocolate bark, chocolate chips, fruit, brownie brittle, you name it, they were all glorious. With this recipe as your fro yo base, your summer will be exponentially better- trust us.Green Valley Creamery
- 3 cups Green Valley Creamery Lactose-Free Plain Whole Milk Greek Yogurt
- 12 oz. Green Valley Creamery Lactose-Free Sour Cream
- 6 - 9 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 30 chocolate sandwich cookies
- Add the Greek Yogurt, sour cream, agave nectar or honey and vanilla into a blender or food processor. Process until creamy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add half of the chocolate sandwich cookies to the food processor and blend at least until the cookie bits are broken up and evenly distributed or until smooth, depending on your preferred texture.
- Using a spatula, transfer the mixture to a 9 inch container. A glass tupperware or aluminum tray both work well.
- Chop remaining half of chocolate sandwich cookies into quarters; fold into yogurt in pan for added texture.
- Cover container with lid or cling wrap. Freeze mixture for one hour.
- Remove the pan from the freezer, Use a spatula to stir the already-frozen edges into the still-soft center, then use a whisk to mix everything together until smooth.
- Cover again, and place in the freezer for 3 more hours, repeating the process of stirring the yogurt every 60 minutes.
- When the entire mixture is frozen, serve immediately as soft-serve yogurt in chilled bowls, or freeze at least 2 more hours for a firmer consistency that you can scoop out with an ice cream scoop. Frozen yogurt may be stored in the freezer for up to 2 months.