A low FODMAP breakfast can be delicious when you have these light and fluffy, diner-worthy, gluten-free pancakes on the menu! We've included gut-healthy kefir to make them rise. Pair them with our creamy, cultured lactose free butter for a mouth-watering experience. Easily prepped in 5minutes, so get that griddle hot and enjoy!
2 cups of gluten-free all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar (reduce or optional)
1 Tbsp + 1 tsp baking powder (use gluten-free baking powder if following strict gluten free diet)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 3/4 Cup Green Valley Creamery Lactose Free Plain Kefir (either Whole Milk or Part Skim) - at ROOM TEMPERATURE
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter - cooled to JUST WARM
1 large egg, at ROOM TEMPERATURE
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 or 1 cup of blueberries (Optional. Or can include in batter or placed on top - Chef's choice!)
1. Whisk together dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the center.
2. Whisk the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl: Green Valley Creamery Lactose Free Kefir, Green Valley Creamery Lactose Free butter (melted), egg, vanilla extract.
3. Add the wet ingredients into the well of the dry ingredients, and whisk until almost smooth (do not over mix - some lumps are ok!) Throw in those blueberries if you'd like that delicious burst of flavor in every bite or leave them out to place on top of the stack.
4. Heat electric griddle, heavy skillet or nonstick pan and coat with nonstick spray. Deposit 1/4 cup of batter at a time (ice cream scoop works nicely!) and cook over medium heat until bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake and the bottom is golden (1-2 minutes).
5. Flip over and cook for about 1 minute or until the pan side is golden. Serve hot with a pat of Green Valley Creamery Lactose Free Butter on top! Add fresh blueberries (a low FODMAP fave) on top if you have any left!