3 (6 oz.) Green Valley Organics Lactose-Free Peach Yogurts
2/3 cup Green Valley Organics Lactose-Free Plain Kefir
3 Tbsp. honey or agave nectar
1 tsp. vanilla or almond extract
1 1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen peaches
Put yogurt, kefir, honey, and vanilla in a blender, and pulse until smooth.
- Pour some of the yogurt mixture into each of the molds, about 2 inches.
- Divide the chopped peaches evenly between the molds, and top off each mold with the rest of the yogurt mixture.
- Using a chopstick or wooden skewer, poke the peaches in and around the yogurt mixture, swirling as you move the stick up, down, and around in the mold.
- Tap mold gently to release any air bubbles.
- If using a conventional mold, place the top on the pops and insert sticks. Freeze until solid, about 3 to 4 hours. If using cups, glasses or unconventional molds, freeze until pops just begin to set, then insert the sticks, and freeze until solid.
Tips for the Perfect Frozen Pop:
- Buy a traditional mold (there are lots on the market these days; we used Norpro, available on Amazon) or get eco-creative and come up with some unique options of your own. Here are a few that we like: juice or shot glasses, tall skinny glasses, “Dixie cups”, yogurt cups (this can be a little big, so just fill them 2/3 full), muffin tins.
- Stock up on sticks from your local craft store.
- Straight sticks: To keep frozen pop sticks straight, especially with thinner pop mixtures, soak the sticks in water before inserting and/or straighten the sticks as the pops freeze. Thicker mixtures, like yogurt, usually don’t need adjustment.
- To unmold one or two pops, run hot water over the outside of the individual mold for a few seconds. Pull gently to release the pop. If you’re unmolding the whole batch, carefully dip the mold into a sink filled with warm water.
- While it’s best to keep pops in the mold until just before eating or serving, if you need your mold to make more pops, store each pop in its own unbleached natural wax paper bag. Enjoy pops within a week.