Different versions of rice pudding are eaten across many cultures with many different recipes. One thing they all typically have in common is lots of lactose. Try our lactose-free version of Arroz Con Leche made with our whole milk yogurt. We definitely don't compromise on real dairy taste or super creamy texture.Green Valley Creamery
Rice Pudding Ingredients
4 cups Green Valley Creamery Lactose-Free Plain Whole Milk Yogurt
2/3 cup medium grain rice, rinsed (e.g., Calrose)
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup granulated sugar
Four 2 1/2-inch cinnamon sticks
3 4-inch strips of orange zest, removed with a vegetable peeler
2/3 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup Green Valley Creamery Lactose-Free Sour Cream
Blackberry Compote Ingredients
1 cup blackberries
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons water
1. In a stock pot, whisk together the yogurt, water, and salt.
2. Whisk the egg into the yogurt mixture. Add sugar, cinnamon, orange zest, vanilla
3. Stir in the rice and raisins, and place the stockpot over medium heat. Stir constantly while you bring it to a simmer, about 10 to 15 minutes. Once it comes to a simmer, lower the heat until it is maintaining a bare simmer (low or medium-low heat).
4. Continue to stir occasionally for 20 minutes, until the rice is cooked through and the yogurt has thickened. It will thicken more as it cools.
5. While cooking, make the compote. Add the blackberries and honey to a small saucepan over medium heat. Stirring constantly, gently cook the berries over until plump. Mash the berries and reduce the heat.
6. Discard cinnamon sticks and orange zest
7. Stir in sour cream and mix until combined.
8. Serve pudding and compote warm or let cool - both are delicious!