This delicious charred acorn squash with whipped lactose-free yogurt sauce makes a beautiful presentation for the Thanksgiving table or any potluck! This seasonal recipe is filled with unexpected tastes for your palette. The squash pairs with soft sage and tangy pomegranates and is mellowed out by the simple yogurt sauce. A dash of pepper ads the finishing touch.Green Valley Creamery
2 acorn squash
½ cup of pomegranate seeds
1 cup of Green Valley Creamery Whole Milk or Low Fat Plain Yogurt
1 tablespoon maple syrup
6 tablespoons olive oil
Salt & pepper
Roast the Squash:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the acorn squash into thin strips and place in a baking pan greased with olive oil.
- Pour about four tablespoons of olive oil over the squash. Top with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 35 minutes and until the squash is lightly browned.
- Flip squash over to the other side and roast for an additional 20 minutes.
- Add a handful sage leaves on top of the squash and allow to crisp for 3 minutes or until crispy.
Prep the Yogurt Sauce:
- Add the yogurt, maple syrup, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and a dash of salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Whip mixture until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add in 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and whip again.
Assemble the Dish:
Dish a few squash slices individually on each plate and add a dollop of yogurt on the side. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds. Drizzle olive oil over the dish. Then place a few sage leaves on the squash. Add cracked pepper to taste and serve.