Southern style grits are an absolute classic and a real breakfast treat. For a super creamy flavorful lactose-free twist, this version uses our creamy, perfectly sweetened Lactose-Free Vanilla Bean Greek Yogurt (if it's not already, it will soon become a family staple). We topped our grits with blackberries and honey, but we hope you'll enjoy crafting your own creative combos of fresh or frozen berries and jam you already have at home!Green Valley Creamery
- 4 cups water
- ½ cup lactose-free whole milk
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup uncooked stone-ground grits
- 2 tablespoons Green Valley Creamery Lactose-Free Cultured Butter
- 1 cup Green Valley Creamery Vanilla Bean Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons blackberry jam or 1/2 cup fresh blackberries and honey for topping
- Bring 4 cups of water, ½ cup of lactose-free whole milk, and 1 tsp of salt to a boil in a medium saucepan over a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Gradually whisk in 1 cup uncooked stone-ground grits; return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until creamy and thickened, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove cooked grits from heat. Stir in yogurt and butter.
- Divide into bowls and top with ½ tbs of blackberry jam, or 4-5 fresh blackberries and a drizzle of honey.