You’re in luck! We’ve created a lactose-free spin on the classic stuffed shells that still tastes delicious and is perfect for any dinner party. When the weather cools down, we can all admit to craving comfort food. These warm and creamy stuffed shells really do the trick.
- 1 box of jumbo pasta shells
- 1 1⁄2 cups Green Valley Creamery Lactose Free Cottage Cheese
- 1 ½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups chopped spinach - fresh or frozen
- 1 egg
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- ¾ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (which is naturally lactose-free)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add pasta. Remove when al dente, and drain.
- In a large bowl, combine our lactose-free cottage cheese with the chopped spinach and all of the seasonings. Stir in the egg until well incorporated. Stir in ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano. Set aside.
- Pour half of the tomato sauce into the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Fill the cooked shells with spoonfulls of the cottage cheese filling and place over the sauce in the pan. Repeat until all of your shells are filled.
- Drizzle the rest of the tomato sauce over the stuffed shells and sprinkle with leftover Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (lactose-free).
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 35 minutes. If not getting golden brown, broil until lightly golden. Remember to let this dish cool a few minutes before serving as the insides get surprisingly hot. Serve up and enjoy with the whole family!