The beauty of a macro bowl is that it is so adaptable you can often make one out of the ingredients you have on hand or load it up with your all-time favorites. This bowl is simple to whip up, nourishing, and packed with protein. Just start chopping, throw it all in a bowl and add a deliciously large dollop of our cottage cheese on top.Green Valley Creamery
1 bunch of lacinato kale
2 tablespoons Green Valley Creamery Lactose Free Cottage Cheese
½ head of broccoli
1 cup cooked red lentils
½ cup garbanzo beans
1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
salt & pepper to taste
- In each of the two bowls, add the cooked red lentils to make a bed for the rest of your ingredients.
- Meanwhile, chop up the kale into bite-sized pieces. We chose to keep ours raw, but you’re more than welcome to steam or saute yours for added flavor. Once ready, add this over the lentils.
- Break off bite sized broccoli florets dividing them between the two bowls along with the garbanzo beans. Cut avocados into slices and add them into each bowl, sectioning off ingredients to not mix until you’re ready to eat.
- Top each bowl with a large scoop of cottage cheese, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the pumpkin and sunflower seeds over everything for added texture and crunch. Now you’re ready to dig in.