They're both versatile recipes, begging to be scooped with fruit pieces or pretzels. Or whatever sweet or salty treat you're eating. But these are truly made for churros - fried pastry dough coated with a touch of cinnamon sugar.
The Chocolatey Cream Cheese Dip is just delightful - the right amount of rich, creamy dairy taste and cocoa to go with. The Caramel Dipping Sauce is equally divine and even more versatile- we use this one as a dipping sauce but also as an ice cream topping or final layer over a cake. And maybe even to eat by the spoonful, when nobody is looking.
So sweeten up your food life with these two new treats!
Caramel Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Green Valley Lactose-Free Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons Green Valley Lactose-Free Lightly Salted Butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add the sugar to a sauce pan and heat over medium heat, shaking gently if needed to help it melt and caramelize evenly (do not stir).
- Once it turns a nice medium-dark amber, remove it from the heat and carefully add the sour cream (it will foam), stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, and serve warm
or at room temperature with churros. Also excellent drizzled over cakes or
Chocolatey Cream Cheese Dip
- 4 oz. Green Valley Lactose-Free Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla. With a whisk stir until smooth.
- Serve as a dipping sauce for churros, pretzels or assorted fruit.