These biscuits are made extra fluffy with our lactose-free whole milk kefir. Served with perfectly sweet and salty honey butter, these are a delight for your holiday table or breakfast any day of the week.Shared by Green Valley Lactose Free
For the biscuits:
- 1 cup Green Valley Lactose-Free Whole Milk Kefir
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 10 tbsp Green Valley Lactose-Free Butter, chilled and divided
For the honey butter
- 1 cup (16 Tbsp) Green Valley Creamery Lactose-Free Butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/3 cup (113g) honey
- 3 Tablespoons (23g) confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
To make the biscuits:
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Sift together the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Cube 8 Tbsp butter. Mix the cubed butter into the dry ingredients using either a food processor or mixer until the mixture becomes crumbly. For a food processor, use the pulse mode. For a standup or hand mixer, mix on low.
- Mix in 1 cup cold Green Valley Lactose-Free Kefir, just until the mixture is moistened. The dough shouldn't be overly wet but it should be a little sticky.
- Lightly flour a work surface. Roll or pat the dough onto the surface until it is about 1 inch thick.
- Cut dough into rounds using a 2-inch cookie cutter dipped in flour.
- Place rounds 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Melt the remaining 2 Tbsp butter, and brush the tops of the rounds with the melted butter.
- Bake at 450°F for 13-15 minutes until lightly golden and puffed.
To make the honey butter:
- In a large bowl using a handheld mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter for 1 minute on medium speed until very smooth and creamy.
- Beat in the honey, confectioners’ sugar and salt on medium speed until completely smooth.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
- Serve with a drizzle of honey. Cover leftovers tightly and store in the refrigerator for up to a week.