We thought we’d share a lactose-free version of a holiday smoothie that really gives you those warm and fuzzy feels. Subtle flavors of ginger are paired with cinnamon,sugar and a bit of tart apple crispness to make it a well-rounded and flavorful treat. The protein powder and/or yogurt in this smoothie make it a healthier version that gives you probiotics and protein and wipes away any indulgent guilt. As with any recipe, take these guidelines and add your own flare - sweeten to taste and whip up to get the texture you want.Shared by Green Valley
1 cup Green Valley Lactose-Free Whole Milk Kefir
1 small apple
Pinch of powdered ginger
Pinch of cloves
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1 cup protein powder or ⅓ cup Green Valley Lactose-Free Organic Vanilla Yogurt
2 cups of ice - dependent on texture
- Chop up apple into small bits.
- Add kefir, protein powder, yogurt and toss all other ingredients into a blender.
- Start by adding one cup of ice and mix until fully blended.
- Taste and add more maple syrup, ice or yogurt to desired taste and texture.
- Pour into a tall glass.
- Crumble gingersnap cookies on top and a full one to bite into in between sips.