These chicken tenders with a zingy yogurt side sauce are bursting with flavor and fun. Go ahead, mix it all up: chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, lime juice and yogurt. A quick marinade of easily-available pantry staples gives you time to set the table and pour yourself a glassful of your favorite beverage. Then grill up a healthy new family favorite.Shared by Dara Michalski, www.cookincanuck.com
1 (6 oz.) container Green Valley Creamery Lactose-Free Plain Yogurt
1/2 chipotle pepper, seeded & minced
1 tsp. adobo sauce (from chipotle pepper can)
1/2 tsp. fresh lime juice
1/8 tsp. salt
1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
4 tsp. fresh lime juice
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 1/2 lb. chicken tenders
- In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, lime juice and salt. Stir to combine completely.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Lightly oil the grill.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, cumin, smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken tenders and turn to coat. Marinate for 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken tenders from the marinade and grill until the chicken is just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side.
- Serve the chicken tenders with the chipotle lime yogurt.