Back in school and back in action with a whole new schedule. We’re all strapped for time, but still need to set aside moments for fun and delicious treats. Here’s a super easy snack you can create with your kiddos after school and enjoy as a “before bed” snack and even pack the leftovers in their lunch boxes for the next day (pack extra for all of their friends to try too). Your kids will love helping by stirring the ingredients together and by dipping the pretzels in the yogurt mixture. One time when we can all encourage sticky fingers.
1 bag miniature pretzels
2 cups Green Valley Creamery Lactose-Free PlainYogurt
5 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 250°
- In a large mixing bowl, have the kids slowly shake the confectioners’ sugar into the yogurt. Stir in all sugar and keep adding more until the consistency is thick and white.
- Place a wire cooling rack onto a baking sheet to catch excess yogurt once you start dipping.
- Have the kids dip pretzels, one at a time (or give them each their own bowl), into the yogurt mixture and poke out pretzel centers so there’s no bubble. Place on the cooling rack, making sure they’re not touching.
- Once all pretzels are coated, turn your oven off and place the wire rack and baking sheet in, leaving the oven door slightly open. This will help the yogurt dry without leaving the pretzels soggy.
- Allow yogurt to harden for 3-4 hours, then remove from oven. Peel off and tuck in! You can store these pretzels in an airtight container for up to 3 days.