Feeling saucy this holiday season? We know just the thing - Cream of Tomato Soup that’s lactose free and still rich and creamy. Easy to make and gentle on the tummy, try this recipe as an add on to a holiday spread or enjoy this soup as a warming afternoon snack. It’s always great to snuggle up with friends and family to chat over a bowl of soup!Green Valley Creamery
1 small yellow onion diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 can of crushed tomatoes (28 oz.)
⅓ cup Green Valley Creamery Sour Cream
2 cloves of garlic
Salt & pepper
1½ cups vegetable or chicken broth
- In a saute pan, saute the garlic and onions in the olive oil until translucent.
- In a separate saucepan, add in the full can of crushed tomatoes and stir.
- Add the broth and cook on high until boiling. Allow to thicken (about three minutes).
- Transfer the ingredients from both pans into a blender and puree until completely smooth.
- Pour the pureed mixture back into the saucepan and stir in the sour cream. Allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve.