Addictive holiday cookie alert - lactose-free whipped shortbread cookies. Everything you love about shortbread, but a little thicker and a little lighter. With all of the buttery taste, none of the lactose. Option for raspberry jam + slivered almond topping - a must-try! Inspired by https://www.allrecipes.com/rec...Green Valley Creamery
- 1 cup of softened Green Valley Creamery Lactose-Free Butter
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup crystalized sugar
- optional: ¼ cup raspberry jam
- optional: ¼ cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix all of the butter, flour, and powdered sugar with an electric mixer until super light and fluffy.
- Take mixture in spoon-sized amounts, roll into a ball. Then take any flat house-hold item (bottom of bottle or spatula) and flatten each cookie on top, half-way. Then roll the sides of all cookies into white coarse sugar crystals and place onto wax-paper covered baking tray, a few inches apart to account for expansion.
- Bake for 15 minutes (or until bottoms of cookies appear golden, up to 3 additional minutes).
- Once cooled, if desired, place a dollop (about 1/2 teaspoon of raspberry jam on top of the cookie and make a little well shape with the bottom of spoon. Sprinkle slivered almonds on top and eat up!