We love to embrace the cooler mornings and shorter days of Autumn with the cozy comfort of scratch-made pumpkin spice waffles. This recipe is made extra-special with the addition of our plain kefir, which gives the waffles a delicate flavor boost and fluffier texture than you get with buttermilk. What better way to celebrate the autumnal season -- and of course, our fierce love of breakfast food.Green Valley Cremery
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour (or sub for gluten free flour)
⅓ cup packed light brown sugar
2 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
¼ cup of chocolate chips
4 large eggs
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup Green Valley Creamery Kefir
1 cup canned pumpkin
¼ stick of butter
Pepitas for serving (optional)
Green Valley Creamery Whole Milk Yogurt for serving (optional)
- Preheat the waffle maker, and lightly grease with your preferred cooking oil.
- In a large bowl, sift flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and chocolate chips.
- Using a different large bowl, whisk together eggs, Green Valley Creamery kefir, pumpkin puree, and butter. Then, add the dry ingredients, mixing and folding until combined, creating a lumpy batter.
- Add enough batter to the waffle maker so that it fills about 1/3 of the grill space. Close lid until waffles are fully cooked through (usually about 3 minutes.)
- For maximum creaminess, top waffles with a dollop of Green Valley Creamery whole milk yogurt, pepitas, and chocolate chips. Enjoy immediately!