This recipe gives you yet another reason to feel good about eating pancakes - cottage cheese! By using cottage cheese, these pancakes are higher in protein and calcium than traditional pancakes and more flavorful and fluffy too. You can customize by adding dried fruit or fresh fruit to the mix. Inspired by a Russian recipe that originally used farmers cheese, these pancakes are delicious when served with sour cream on the side - we like them with yogurt too!Green Valley Creamery
- 16 oz Green Valley Creamery Lactose-Free Cottage cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp honey or agave syrup
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup golden (Optional)
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp Green Valley Creamery Lactose-Free Butter, for each new batch
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 4 large eggs until well beaten. Add 16 oz cottage cheese, 1 tsp vanilla, 3 Tbsp honey or agave and whisk until combined. Stir in 1/3 cup raisins, if using.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into your wet ingredients.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium/low heat and add butter. Once the butter is hot, place a heaping tablespoon (we use a cookie scoop) of pancake batter into the butter and sauté until golden and puffed up (about 2-3 min per side).
- Serve with Green Valley Creamery Lactose-Free Sour Cream or Yogurt on the side, along with jam, fresh berries and any other pancake fix-ins you enjoy!