2 Tbsp. Green Valley Creamery Lactose-Free Butter
4 chicken breasts (or about 6 chicken thighs) pounded to be of equal thickness
1 cup thinly sliced potatoes (I used sierra red. Make sure you cut them thinly or they will not cook quickly enough)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
1/2 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
1/2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1 cup Green Valley Creamery Lactose-Free Plain Yogurt (Whole Milk or Lowfat)
salt and pepper to taste
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides, to taste.
- Over medium-high heat, melt the butter in a large pan or skillet. When it is slightly brown and has a nutty smell, add the chicken to the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add in the sliced potatoes, minced garlic, fresh herbs and spices to the pan and cook for about 3 minutes. Flip the potatoes and cook for a further 3 minutes until they are browning/charring on the edges.
- Add the yogurt. Stir it in until it has a sauce-like texture and then cook, stirring every so often, for about 5 minutes. The sauce should be hot and slightly thickened. Add in some salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the chicken back into the pan and turn to ensure it is evenly coated in the yogurt sauce. Garnish with more fresh herbs and serve hot with a side of steamed vegetables.