We love entertaining our friends and family, and of course we are always thinking about the appetizers that everyone will enjoy. This year, we decided to go back to basics and re-design a classic corn bread! Knowing how moist and delicious our kefir is when swapped for buttermilk in many baking recipes, we wanted to test it out for cornbread muffins to be enjoyed with some chili. Turns out, our lactose free kefir was the perfect addition to these muffins and we will be adding this recipe as a friends-and-family favorite from now on!Green Valley Creamery
1 cup Green Valley Creamery Lactose Free Whole Milk Plain Kefir
3 tbsp butter
2 cups cornmeal
1½ tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line cupcake tin with 12 cupcake papers or torn pieces of parchment paper, as pictured
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl
- In a separate bowl, mix the softened butter, kefir, and egg and beat until combined.
- Add dry ingredients, and mix until the batter is consistent
- Pour batter into cupcake tin and bake for 30 minutes or until golden and baked all the way through
- When fully baked, remove from oven, let cool, and enjoy!