As the weather warms up and summer creeps in, we are on the hunt for lighter, more refreshing dishes to serve at family gatherings, BBQ’s with friends, and those beloved all-day-long pool parties. Because so many classic summer side dishes we all know and love contain heavy creams or mayos, we were thinking of ways to lighten things up a little. Notorious for its versatility in sauces and marinades, we knew this was a job for our Lactose Free Whole Milk Yogurt. We decided to swap out the mayo, and add in our plain yogurt for a creamier, lighter version of one of our favorite pasta salads that we plan to enjoy all summer, and know you will too!Green Valley Creamery
5 ounces of Green Valley Creamery Lactose-Free Plain Whole Milk Yogurt
2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
3/4 teaspoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/5 tablespoon honey
Zest from 1/2 a lemon
Lemon pepper to taste
Salt to taste
For the Dressing:
- Place all ingredients for the dressing in a medium sized bowl, and whisk until it forms a smooth and creamy consistency.
For the Pasta Salad:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add pasta. Remove when aldente, and drain.
- Remove tougher part of asparagus, and chop into 1 inch pieces.
- Cut onion into thin slices.
- Halve cherry tomatoes.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients including dressing, toss, and enjoy!