In our family, we like to get creative when it comes to leftovers. This helps us avoid food waste, and we love to tap into that other side of the brain and have some fun! This particular dish was the result of a big bounty of brunch leftovers and the desire for an indulgent dinner. We hope you enjoy this dish as must as we enjoyed creating it.Green Valley Creamery
1 cup of Green Valley Creamery Whole Milk Kefir
2 tablespoons butter
½ pound of sausage
½ yellow onion
½ loaf of brioche bread
¼ cup dried cranberries
Salt and pepper to taste
- Grease 6 ramekins with butter.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, cook 1 tablespoon of butter with sausage and onions until browned, or about 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk 1 cup of Green Valley Creamery whole milk kefir, 3 eggs, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut 1 loaf of brioche bread into cubes.
- Combine all ingredients together, submerging everything in the egg-kefir mix.
- Let the entire bowl sit in the fridge for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, pull the bowl out of the fridge, mix again, and scoop into the individual ramekins.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 30 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.