These flourless chocolate brownies are rich, fudgy, creamy with just the right amount of spice for some added complexity. Topped with a spiced buttercream frosting made with our creamy cultured butter and our fan favorite cream cheese, and they're pretty much to die for.Green Valley Creamery
For the brownies:
- 6 tablespoons Green Valley Creamery Lactose-Free Butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces dark chocolate - either chips or bars, chopped into pieces
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder sifted
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
For the frosting:
- 8 tablespoons Green Valley Creamery Lactose-Free Butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Green Valley Creamery Cream Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 square pan with foil and spray lightly with baking spray; set aside.
- In a small saucepan set over low heat, melt the butter. Stir in the sugar until incorporated. Add the chocolate, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and add the eggs, one at a time. Add the vanilla extract and stir until incorporated.
- While mixing, slowly add the cocoa powder, cornstarch, salt, cayenne pepper and cinnamon. Using a hand mixer on high speed, beat the batter until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the brownies are set in the center. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for at least one hour
- Prepare the frosting: In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter and beat on medium speed for one minute. Slowly add the confectioners' sugar, cocoa powder, cayenne pepper and cinnamon. Mix until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the cream cheese and mix until light and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- After the brownies have cooled, spread the frosting over the brownies. Remove from pan and slice before serving.