The art of cheesecake baking is a difficult one to master. Cheesecakes tend to crack or get too brown on top. Or they look like a beauty and you only find out it's a gooey mess in the middle when you cut to serve, while your guests are eagerly awaiting your creation.
Well, not with this clever recipe. We took our classic cheesecake and took the risk out of the recipe by making it a no bake creation - it's mostly mixing, crushing and a little bit of stirring. Then we added in a universally loved food- OREO™ Cookies. And voila, all beginners and expert bakers alike can enjoy homemade, decadent, lactose-free cheesecake. And you get to eat it out of the cutest little jars.Green Valley Creamery
7 tablespoons Green
Valley Creamery Lactose-Free Butter, melted
1.5 cups graham cracker crust (or 10 graham cracker sheets blended into crumbs in a food processor)
1/3 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Cookies, or your chocolate sandwich cookie of choice
6 tablespoons Green Valley Creamery Lactose-Free Butter, melted
3 cups Green Valley Creamery Lactose-Free Cream Cheese
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup Green Valley Creamery Lactose-Free Sour Cream, room temperature
- First make the graham cracker crust. Mix the graham cracker crumbs, butter, sugar and cinnamon until well blended.
- Set out 8 class jars and divide the graham cracker crust mixture evenly among them. Use a spoon to press the crust lightly into the bottom.
- Using half the cookies (18), separate the filling from the cookies, keeping the filling in one bowl and the plain cookies in another bowl.
- In a medium pot over low heat, mix together the cookie filling, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract, stirring until there are no lumps. Spoon the sour cream into the cream cheese mixture, stirring constantly until the mixture starts to bubble slightly. Remove from heat.
- While the mixture is cooling, place the separated cookies into a plastic bag and crush them into fine crumbs with a rolling pin. Pour the cookie crumbs back into the bowl and combine with the melted butter, mixing until the texture is like slightly wet sand.
- Fill the cheesecakes: Pour the creamy mixture into the jars over the graham cracker crust. Top with the cookie crumb mixture. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- While the cheesecakes are chilling, take the remaining 18 cookies and put onto a cutting board or into a plastic bag. Use a rolling pin to crush into pieces.
- When the cheesecakes are done chilling, remove from the fridge. Top the cheesecakes with the crushed cookies and enjoy!