Fluffy, moist, lemony lactose-free muffins, with the perfect amount of all the things. The tart from the lemon is offset by the sweet from the raspberries. Rich and creamy from our creme-fraiche style sour cream and cultured butter. With the perfect amount of lactose- none - thanks to our lactose-free dairy products.
These muffins are the perfect treat for any time of day. Eat them with a cup of coffee in the morning for breakfast, afternoon tea time, or a light dessert following a home cooked dinner. Our only requirement is that they be served with a pat of our creamy cultured butter on top.
Adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction Recipe: https://sallysbakingaddiction....Green Valley Creamery
- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 Tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Green Valley Creamery Lactose-Free Butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Green Valley Creamery Lactose-Free Sour Cream
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Green Valley Creamery Lactose-Free Kefir
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 and 1/2 cups fresh raspberries (Choose any in season berry you have on hand - they are all delicious. If using frozen berries, do not thaw before using)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a 12-count muffin pan with nonstick spray or line with cupcake liners.
- Make the muffins: In a large bowl, toss the flour, poppy seeds, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together.
- In a second large bowl using a handheld or stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the butter on high speed until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Add the granulated sugar and beat on high until creamed, about 2 full minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Add the eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute, then turn up to high speed until the mixture is combined and creamy. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and beat on low speed until just about combined. Add the kefir, lemon juice, and lemon zest and continue to beat on low until combined. Fold in the berries delicately with a spatula.
- Spoon the batter evenly into each cup or liner, filling each all the way to the top. Bake the muffins for 5 minutes at 425°F then, keeping the muffins in the oven, reduce the oven temperature to 350°F. Bake for an additional 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool for 10 minutes in the muffin pan, then transfer to a wire rack.
- Serve warm with a pat of Green Valley Creamery Butter on top - it's super creamy, cultured and delicious.